Sunday, June 28, 2009

Excellent Customer Service at Adafruit

I've been meaning to write this post for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Well, that ends now! The time has come!

A little over a month ago, I ordered a couple of kits from Adafruit Industries. When the box arrived at my doorstep, it seemed a little too small. Once I opened the package, my fears were confirmed: they had only included one of the two kits.

I typed up a quick email to customer support that night, and figured I'd hear back in a few days time. After all, they are a small company (I think they are small. I don't really know.). The next morning, I was surprised to find this email in my mailbox:

hi daniel -

that's odd - we're going to send out a starter pack immediately - and
we will check the order to see what happened.

cheers,
adafruit

That email was sent at 3:03AM. They immediately sent out the second kit. It arrived a couple of days later.

I was surprised and pleased with their customer service. They didn't question my claim, didn't beat around the bush, and didn't make me wait. They corrected their mistake as quickly as they could. Adafruit Industries is a top-class outfit. I will be ordering (many things) from them in the future.

1 comment:

Adafruit said...

thanks daniel!